Stony Brook is a provider for a wide variety of insurance companies.
The list is ever changing, but the list below should serve as a good guideline for the insurance coverage which we accept. If you do not see your insurance company on the list, please call us at 954-746-5667 or fill out our client question form, we’ll get back to you just as soon as possible.
- American Behavioral
- Beech Street
- Best Choice Plus
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Golden Rule
- Managed Health Network
- Mental Health Network (MHN)
- Neighborhood Health (NHP)
- New Directions
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- United Healthcare
- University of Miami Behavioral Health (UMBH)
- Value Options
$XXX per YYminute session
Payment in full is expected at the end of each session. Stony Brook will file the appropriate documentation with your insurance company.
To determine your insurance coverage eligibility, you should ask your insurance company the following questions:
- Does your coverage include mental health insurance benefits?
- How much is your deductible or co-pay? How much of your deductible have you met thus far this year?
- Is there a limit to the number of sessions your coverage will include?A
- Are there limits or “standard and customary” fees that your insurance company will pay per session?
- Do you need a referral from your primary care physician in order to qualify for coverage.
For your convenience, you can simply click to request an appointment.